Date of Issue of Policy October 2012
- Training Together aims to offer high quality education and training in its learners
- Training Together will aim for continuous improvement in the quality of all aspects of its work as part of its determination to be responsive to the needs of its client groups and to help learners achieve the highest possible standards.
- The purpose of this policy is to enable continuous improvement through a process of self-evaluation and action planning.
Scope of Policy
- This policy and associated procedures will involve all employees and collaborative partners. The management of the process will be through the existing organisational structure
- It will be founded on a process of regular self-evaluation by teams and individual employees who are responsible for delivering courses and other services.
- It will seek the views and perceptions of learners and other stakeholders for whom the services of Training Together exist.
- It will support the processes of peer review both internally and with external partners in the sector including Awarding Organisations
Responsibility for implementation
- All employees (managers, teachers, tutors, support staff, trainers, and assessors) are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
- It is the responsibility of the Proprietor to ensure annual review of the policy. It is the responsibility of all to engage positively in that review and ensure implementation.
- Teaching and Learning
- To encourage continuous improvement in the quality of teaching and learning programmes and through this increasing learner achievement and satisfaction statistics.
- To develop and sustain a range of programmes which provide opportunities for progression and which provide learners with experiences and, wherever appropriate, qualifications suited to their learning aims.
- To ensure rigorous and consistent assessment procedures, which meet the standards of external awarding organisations.
- Support Services
- To monitor and evaluate the procedure for advising, interviewing, supporting and counselling learners at entry and throughout their learning at Training Together.
- To establish standards and monitor procedures for providing a supportive and accessible range of resources and services to learners.
- To continually improve the quality of service offered by all staff
- To review regularly the performance, training and developmental needs of all employees through the operation of Training Together scheme for employee review and appraisal.
- Through Training Together to train, support and develop individuals upon appointment and throughout their employment.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of such training and development against Training Together’s objectives.
- The process of quality control and quality improvement requires staff to meet and report on a regular basis by reviewing their work, set standards and monitor user learner perceptions and achievements.
- Statistical analysis will be carried out against agreed criteria which will incorporate performance indicators.
- Review will be supported by analysis of learner and external stakeholder views and perception gathered via questionnaires, surveys and other methods at review meetings.
- The outcome of these processes will provide information:
- To inform the process of self-assessment
- To set targets and action plans for improvement across Training Together
- To highlight issues that needs consideration by Training Together
- That supports the College curriculum and planning cycle
- That supports Training Together’s activity to achieve the agreed targets of external agencies
- Feedback on actions resulting from the review process will be communicated to Training Together’s employees through meetings.
- The outcomes and action plans which result from the process will form the basis of the annual Training Together’s Self-Assessment Report and Quality Improvement Plan.
- The Senior Management will be aware of the procedures undertaken, including key performance indicators and targets, and will receive regular reports which summarise the results and indicate action plans for improvement. Resources required to meet quality improvement targets will be considered as part of the planning cycle.